By Richard Bauman
- A attention-grabbing standpoint on intertextuality: the concept written and spoken texts communicate to each other, e.g. via style or allusions.
- Presents a chain of ethnographic case experiences to demonstrate the topic.
- Draws on a vast diversity of oral performances and literary documents from around the world.
- The author’s advent units a framework for the research of style, practice and intertextuality.
- Shows how performers mix genres, e.g., telling tales approximately riddles or legends approximately magical verses, or developing revenues pitches.
Read Online or Download A World of Others' Words: Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Intertextuality PDF
Best folklore & mythology books
Whilst Black tradition and Black realization first seemed thirty years in the past, it marked a revolution in our figuring out of African American historical past. opposite to winning principles on the time, which held that African tradition disappeared fast less than slavery and that black americans had little team satisfaction, heritage, or cohesiveness, Levine exposed a cultural treasure trove, illuminating a wealthy and intricate African American oral culture, together with songs, proverbs, jokes, folktales, and lengthy narrative poems known as toasts--work that dated from sooner than and after emancipation.
This can be a guide approximately partaking in workforce dream modalities. sensible workouts integrated in each one bankruptcy anchor the step by step directions given for operating a secure, but deep and significant staff approach without or with a qualified facilitator. Care is taken to debate shadow projection, transparent conversation, and confidentiality matters.
The GenesisBy:Sulaimon Ibitoye
A significant other to Folklore provides an unique and complete number of essays from overseas specialists within the box of folklore reports. remarkable intensive and scope, this state of the art assortment uniquely monitors the power of folklore learn around the globe. An exceptional number of unique, cutting-edge essays on folklore authored by way of foreign specialists Examines the practices and theoretical techniques built to appreciate the phenomena of folklore Considers folklore within the context of multi-disciplinary themes that come with poetics, functionality, spiritual perform, fable, ritual and image, oral textuality, historical past, legislation, politics and gear in addition to the social base of folklore chosen via selection as a 2013 impressive educational identify
- Encyclopedia of Beasts and Monsters in Myth, Legend and Folklore
- Celtic Astrology from the Druids to the Middle Ages
- Encyclopaedia of Superstitions - A History of Superstition
- Creolization as Cultural Creativity
Additional info for A World of Others' Words: Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Intertextuality
A World of Others' Words: Cross-Cultural Perspectives on Intertextuality by Richard Bauman